Campus Safety Features at LCCC
- LCCC's emergency notification system (RAVE) is designed to quickly send text messages to mobile phones and email accounts whenever there's a situation that LCCC students and the campus community need to know about. This is an opt-out system; once you are a student or employee, you are already set up to receive alert messages.
- Emergency call boxes around campus
- LCCC SafeTrack App for students and employees includes:
Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to Laramie County Community College security in real-time in case
of a crisis
Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
Virtual WalkHome: Allow Campus Security to monitor a user’s walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual WalkHome and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.
- Safety escorts for anyone walking to their vehicles or across campus (as requested)
- Surveillance cameras in buildings
- Electronic access to residence halls only via key card
- Safety officers working 24/7
- AED (automated external defibrillator) Locations Around Campus
- Emergency Procedures Quick Reference Chart (Cheyenne) | Emergency Procedures Quick Reference Chart (Laramie - ACC) in every office (911 protocol, fire, bomb threats, intruders, hazardous materials, etc.)
- Crisis communications plan