Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship for Non-Credit Programs
The Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship is a state scholarship program for Wyoming students 24 years of age or older that demonstrate financial need.
Eligible students enrolled in specific non-credit programs may receive up to $1,800 for programs that are substantially equal to, or less than, an academic semester in length (16 weeks). Students may receive up to $3,600 for longer programs.
Scholarship funding is limited and is only guaranteed for one year.
Students must apply prior to the first class day to qualify for this scholarship.
Who is Eligible for a Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship?
- Must be a Wyoming resident 24 years of age or older.
- Must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each academic year and demonstrate remaining financial need after all other grants and scholarships are considered.
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent US resident who meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under federal student financial aid requirements.
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress by successfully completing the non-credit program, and must maintain continuous enrollment to be considered for future scholarship awards.
- Must agree to register, or have previously registered, for applicable training assistance through the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services.
- Only students enrolled in the following specific non-credit programs are eligible for this scholarship:
All programs listed qualify for Wyoming Works Critical Grant amount.
Does not cover prerequisite courses.
Who is Not Eligible for a Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship?
- Cannot be currently receiving or eligible to receive the Hathaway Scholarship.
- Cannot owe a refund under a federal Title IV student financial aid program or a subsequently enacted similar federal student financial aid program, or a student financial aid program administered through the State of Wyoming.
- Cannot be incarcerated.
Steps to Apply for Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship
Apply to LCCC Non-Credit Program
Register for these programs by calling 307.772.7351, or in person between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday, at the LCCC Center for Conferences & Institutes Building, CCI Room 109.
File your FAFSA
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application for all federal financial aid programs, some state programs and all LCCC scholarship and grant programs. Students must complete a FAFSA each year.
Share your FAFSA financial aid information with LCCC. Enter LCCC's school code: 009259.
Apply for Kickstart Wyoming's Tomorrow
The Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship application must be submitted prior to the first class day.
About Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship
$1.25 million was allocated for this scholarship program during the 2023 Wyoming legislative session. The allocation will be shared by all eight Wyoming community colleges and the University of Wyoming. The Kickstart Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship (KWTS) is a precursor to the Legislatively-created Wyoming’s Tomorrow Scholarship (WTS) endowment which is intended to provide post-secondary educational access through financial assistance to qualified students.