Students in Laramie County Community College's Diagnostic Medical Sonography program are currently studying OB scanning.
These students need volunteers to practice their scanning techniques in LCCC's modern ultrasound lab. The sessions are free.
All volunteers must:
- Be 22-39 weeks (4.5 - 8 months) pregnant at the time of the exam.
- Have had a normal OB ultrasound performed at a physician's office, clinic or hospital for their current pregnancy in the second or third trimester.
- Bring their OB report or have a doctor's note on a letterhead from the office. Reports or notes should be emailed to awadeFREELARAMIE no later than the Monday prior to your appointment.
What to Expect
- Volunteers will be scanned by two students during a 40-minute time frame. At all times, students are monitored and instructed by an experienced LCCC DMS faculty member.
- These ultrasound exams are NOT designed to replace official ultrasound exams performed by professional sonographers.
- Ultrasound exams will NOT be read by a radiologist, nor will a report be generated.
- Students will provide several paper print images of the volunteer's baby.
- LCCC will provide volunteers with a USB of images.
- LCCC does have 3-D/4-D technology
- OB ultrasound exams are FREE and are provided to aid in the training of LCCC DMS students.
- Volunteers should prepare to be patient and enjoy the time spent observing their baby.
Scheduling an Appointment
Exams are available during the spring semester only. Jan. 25 - May 3, 2023.