We are excited to announce that LCCC will be hosting our spring 2021 commencement activities in person.
If you are a student who is planning to graduate and would like to participate in commencement, here are a few details you should know:
- This year’s commencement will be divided by academic school to allow for smaller events and be held at the following times on May 15, in the Multipurpose Gym on the LCCC Campus:
- 9 a.m.: The School of Arts & Humanities and The School of Math & Sciences
- 12 p.m.: The School of Business, Agriculture and Technical Studies
- 3 p.m.: The School of Health Science and Wellness
- Each ceremony will be limited to 90 students. Each participating student will be allowed four guests; no exceptions will be granted for additional guest seating. The ceremony will be live-streamed for guests who cannot attend in-person. The LCCC Phase II Spring Return to Business plan details the guidelines in which the campus is operating until May 31, 2021, which includes large gatherings.
Application for Graduation
- Students wanting to participate in the commencement ceremony will need to submit an application for graduation, and indicate on the application that you plan to attend the ceremony. The deadline for priority consideration is Friday, Mar. 12.
- Learn how to submit an application for graduation.
- Students who already submitted an application for graduation who would like to participate in the commencement ceremony may update their application for Graduation in Self-Service in myLCCC by updating the Commencement Details section of the application.
Reservations and Regalia
- Beginning the week of Mar. 22, only students who indicated on their application for graduation that they plan to participate in a commencement ceremony will receive an RSVP link to reserve your graduate seat as well as seats for your four guests. This email will be sent to your LCCC student email.
- Reservations will be taken for each ceremony in the order in which they are received until capacity is met at 90 students. After the ceremony capacity is met, students will have the option to add themselves to a waitlist. Reservations (or the opportunity to waitlist) will be accepted through May 10, 2021.
- Students who RSVP will receive additional information on how to order a cap and gown once their reservation is confirmed. Students participating in commencement must have a royal blue cap and gown; no exceptions. The cost for the cap and gown is $26.95 (plus tax) with free shipping if ordered by Friday, Apr. 30. Cap and gown orders will be sent directly to the address indicated on the order. Students may still order a cap and gown beginning Saturday, May 1, 2021; however, additional shipping charges will apply at the student’s expense. The last day to order a cap and gown with expedited shipping is Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
- Military and honor cords will be distributed at the ceremony.
- Phi Theta Kappa stoles may be purchased from Crystal Stratton at 307.778.1268 or Shannon Zavorka at 307.778.1213.
- The Multipurpose Gym (RAC 133) is located on northwest side of campus in the Recreation & Athletics Complex (RAC).
- All graduates and guests are required to wear masks and comply with social distancing requirements in place.
- Guests must have tickets to attend the ceremony. Doors to the RAC will open 45 minutes before the ceremony begins.
- Students should arrive in regalia 45 minutes before their ceremony and report to the main gym (RAC 108) to prepare for the processional.
Everyone at LCCC is excited to celebrate this accomplishment with our students. We will continue to work to provide a safe environment for our commencement activities, but understand that State and local Health Orders may require us to adjust our plans at any time. For the most current and up-to-date information please continue to visit LCCC’s Commencement website.
Students who have questions about commencement can contact the Student Hub at 307.778.1265.