LCCC to celebrate 50th anniversary this weekend
Cheyenne, Wyoming – Laramie County Community College is celebrating 50 years of service, and the community is invited to join the festivities.
The main event will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 22, on the LCCC Campus. This free, all-ages event will offer a variety of activities for the entire community, including:
- taco lunch
- live music featuring local band Change Agents
- prizes and giveaways, including free t-shirts for the first 1,000 visitors
At the event, additional activities across campus will include a truck show, natural science activities, disc golf, opportunities to tour all the new facilities, art exhibition, music performances, health science exploration, an actual golden eagle from the Rocky Mountain Raptor Program, a variety of events just for kids, trolley and carriage rides, and more.
The celebration will include other events during the week, including:
- Barbecue Lunch: 11 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 20, Albany County Campus
- Opening of 25th Anniversary Time Capsule: 1 p.m., Friday, Sept. 20, Administration Building
- Best-on-Campus Livestock Show: 5 p.m., Friday, Sept. 20, LCCC Arena
- Staged Reading: Letters from the Front by Nick Wood, 7 p.m., Friday and Saturday, Sept. 20 and 21, LCCC Playhouse
A complete list of all activities and additional information about the 50th anniversary celebration can be found at lccc.wy.edu/50years.