LCCC presents year-end awards
As another school year concludes, LCCC celebrates the people who went above and beyond for the campus community.
The 2016 Jan and W.M. Stalcup Graduate Excellence Award was presented to Cassandra "Cassie" Hesch. Selected through an extensive nomination process, this award honors an outstanding graduate who has gone over and beyond by engaging in service to LCCC and the Cheyenne community, in addition to their academic success.
The Student Government Association honored four faculty with the LCCC Teaching Excellence Award. More than 40 nominations for the award were received from students, and in a blind scoring process, the SGA members scored each nomination with the help of advisors. Recognized at this year's commencement ceremony, these faculty members also lead the graduate processional for their respective school.
The honorees are:
- Robert LaFaso: School of Business, Agriculture & Technical Studies
- Scott Moncrief: School of Arts & Humanities
- Dawn Puente: School of Health Sciences & Wellness
- Dr. John Sanford: School of Math & Sciences
Awards also were presented at the annual employee recognition event. Nominated and voted by peers, these recipients are:
- Juan Maldonado: Classified Staff of the Year
- Rick Evelo: Professional Staff of the Year
- Mohamed Chakhad: Faculty of the Year
- Jennifer Painter: Adjunct Faculty of the Year
The Extra Mile Award, presented by LCCC's Disability Support Services, was presented to faculty members Roger Findley and Leif Swanson.
Jeff Shmidl was honored with the Phi Theta Kappa Service Awards for ten years of service as advisor to this honor society.
In 2016, 42 employees received longevity awards including:
- 45 years: Marsha McCune
- 25 years: Gary Carlson, Rick Gould, Loretta Henry, Starla Mason
- 20 years: Teresa Authier, Jeri Griego, Robert LaFaso, Cindy Madsen, Cindy McCormick, Larry VanWhy
- 15 years: Sabrina Lane, Deb McCoy, Mike Randall, John Sanford, Ann Shelby,Travis Shoopman
- 10 years: Fuji Adachi, Paula Badgett, Greg Flores, Luanne Gearhart, Sarah Hannes, Michelle Kallhoff, Meghan Kelly, Cindy Lindsay, Lacey Shandera, Scott Smidt, Maggie Swanger
- 5 years: Paula Belknap, Robin Duncan, Amy Ehlman, Geoffrey Green, Robert Hing, Terry Hixon, Holly Manning, Dana McCammon, Dean McIntire, Robert McNabb, Mike Sayers, Zeke Sorenson, Christina Warren, Bryan Wilson
Finally, ten employees who retired from the college were celebrated for their efforts:
- Fuji Adachi
- Dr. Steve Cassels
- Paula May Johnson
- Brenda Laird
- Rhonda McCune
- Leah Noonan
- Val Rodekohr
- David Sweat
- Jim Wilkinson
- Kelly Willmarth