School of Arts & Sciences Scholarships
To apply for the School of Arts & Sciences scholarships, please review the criteria below along with completing the School of Arts & Sciences Scholarship Application.
Students must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Enter LCCC's school code: 009259.
Learn about additional LCCC scholarships and financial aid opportunities.
Art Department Scholarship
Student must meet the following criteria:
- Artist statement of intent submitted to the email address listed below. This statement
should address the following:
a. Media, techniques, and ideas with which the student enjoys working.
b. Why the student wishes to pursue art/design in college.
c. Identify the student's professional and personal goals in art/design.
- Students must have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Student must be an art major.
Submit completed application and required materials to the following:
Music Department Scholarship
Recommended High School or most recent semester completed cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Audition Performance Requirement:
- Perform two memorized pieces in contrasting styles on a primary instrument
- Assessment of musical skills (scales, ranges, aural skills, sight-reading)
Auditions can be performed during scholarship audition dates on the LCCC campus OR a video performance may be submitted electronically to Dr. Frank Cook at fcookFREELARAMIE. If electronic submission is made, please include the following:
Name: Last, First
Current Music Director/Teacher Name:
Current Music Director/Teacher Email & Phone:
Title and Composer/Arranger Piece 1:
Title and Composer/Arranger Piece 2:
Tell us how long have you been studying your primary instrument.
Do you play other instruments? If so, please list them.
Scholarships will be offered based upon performance ability, musical ability and GPA. Students declared as a non-music major and those declared as a music major will be considered for scholarship. If scholarships are offered, students must:
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or better in all coursework
- Maintain a C or better in all music courses, including at least one performance ensemble
- Be enrolled in at least one performance ensemble both fall and spring semesters
- Attendance and service (when requested) for events within the School of Arts and Humanities each semester (1 for non-majors and at least 2 for music majors)
Scholarships may be renewable for up to 5 consecutive semesters contingent upon college funding and successful completion of scholarship requirements.
Please submit completed application and required materials to
Dr. Frank Cook at fcookFREELARAMIE
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Scholarships
Have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better in high school or post-secondary education
at the time of application.
Upon admission to LCCC, choose a program within the STEM Pathway: Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, Biomedical Science, and Physical Science.
Enroll as a new student at LCCC in the 2020-21 academic year (preferred), and register for at least 12 credit hours; the registered classes should lead to an associate's degree in one of the STEM pathway programs.
How to Apply
Email or mail the application materials listed below to Nick Marcello. Please note "STEM Pathway Scholarship" in the subject of the email or on the mailing envelope. Included the following:
- Your full name, a phone number, and a mailing address;
- a copy of your unofficial high school or post-secondary transcripts;
- names and contact information of two references who can be your high school teacher, supervisor, or an advisor/counselor not related to you; and
- a brief explanation of why you choose a STEM field as your major.
Email address: NMarcelloFREELARAMIE
Mail address: Nick Marcello, School of Arts & Sciences
1400 E. College Drive
Cheyenne, WY 82007
Note: Applications are considered on a rolling basis. You will receive a letter once awards are determined.
Scholarship Probation/Revocation Procedure
Should a student fail to meet any scholarship requirements at the close of the first semester of the freshman year, he/she will be placed on scholarship probation for the following semester. A scholarship probationary letter will be sent as a hard copy and via electronic mail to the student, identifying the deficiency and the probationary period (1 semester) in which he/she can correct this deficiency.
Theatre Department Scholarship
Theatre scholarships are available and are awarded on the basis of an audition or interview. It's best to apply early. Awards are made up to full tuition and fees. Students will be notified by mail. All students are required to fill out the FAFSA.
Scholarship applications must fulfill the following:
- Actors shall prepare two contrasting contemporary monologues for an audition totaling two minutes. Video auditions should be emailed to Jason Pasqua at jpasquaFREELARAMIE.
- Technical Artists should submit a portfolio of their work. Electronic portfolios should be submitted to Jason Pasqua at jpasquaFREELARAMIE.
The awarding of a theatre scholarship requires:
- Enrollment in the Theatre program as your intended major.
- Participation in all LCCC Theatre productions.
- Enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
This scholarship is renewable each semester pending fulfillment of the above requirements and can be renewed for a maximum of five semesters.
Submit completed application and other required materials to the following: