Top reasons to live on campus
- Residential living can be one of your most rewarding college experiences
- You have an opportunity to select a potential roommate based on shared interests
- You're more likely to have a higher GPA and complete your degree on time
- Built-in study partners can positively impact your academic achievement
- You get more involved in campus life and participate in activities offered exclusively
for residential students
- You have easy access to study groups, field trips, movie nights, and more
- Housing costs are all-inclusive (with a meal plan!) and affordable. These fees can
be billed to your student account, and you can apply financial aid to the charges
- Convenience! You save time and money since you don't have to travel to campus
- Residence halls have 24-hour security provided by the LCCC Campus Safety officers
and the live-in staff
- You can experience the amazing diversity of the residential community.
Staffed and Ready
Eagle Village, LCCC’s Residence Hall Complex, has a full-time professional residence
life director along with resident assistants. Staff members build a positive residence
hall community by planning community builders, directing students to the needed services,
and ensuring that the rights and responsibilities of all community members are respected.
Residence hall staff members are returning student leaders who genuinely want to get
to know members of their floor and assist their fellow students. All residence hall
staff members live on site, with a staff member available to assist residents 24 hours
a day. The Residence Life Office is conveniently located in the residence hall commons
and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, with an RA and full-time professional
staff member on duty after hours from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. every day.
Safe and Secure
Security measures are taken to help maintain a safe residence hall environment. The
residence hall exterior doors are locked at all times. Access is limited to residents
and their escorted guests via an electronic access device that opens the exterior
doors. Residents also have one key to access the locks on their suite entrance and
bedroom doors. All suite entrance doors also have a door viewer so residents can see
who is outside the door before opening it. Security staff
patrol campus 24/7.
Events and Activities
A major part of campus living centers on fun activities (often called community builders)
that residence hall staff plan. These activities help build our community, new friendships, respect
for diversity, personal development and academic success.
- Open Housing – LCCC offers open housing options to accommodate residents living on campus. Open
housing refers to a housing option in which two or more students mutually agree to
share a multiple-occupancy bedroom or suite without regard to the gender expression
of the individuals living in the room or suite. Open housing provides options for
a variety of students: those who feel uncomfortable rooming with members of the same
sex, trasngender students in the process of discovering their gender identity, students
who feel they would be more compatible with a roommate of a different sex or gender,
married couples, and students who do not want sex or gender be a primary factor in
choosing a roommate. Please note: Students will only be allowed to live in an open-housing
environment if they select this option, otherwise students will be placed in a room
with a student of the same sex.
- Special accommodations – Residence hall staff and Disability Support Services work together to accommodate
students with disabilities in the residence halls. A student must fill out the Housing Accommodations Request Form to request these accommodations.