What to Bring
New residents often wonder what they should bring with them to the Residence Hall. While the suites have plenty of space for four people to live comfortably, it is important to bear in mind you will be sharing a living space and should be prepared to leave things behind. (You can always bring more later!)
Things to bring
- Bed linens, including extra long twin bed sheets, blanket, pillow and bedspread
- Toiletries, bathroom supplies (including cleaning supplies and toilet paper), bath towels
- Laundry supplies, detergent, fabric softener, hamper, basket
- Clothing (for both warm and cool weather) and clothes hangers, walking shoes
- Alarm clock
- Study lamp
- School supplies
- Personal computer
- Decorations such as posters, plants, and pictures of friends and family, pets, etc.
- Personal items to help make your new home comfortable, cozy, and yours!
Electronics & Appliances
(All appliances & electronics must be UL certified)
- Entertainment electronics (stereo, television, video games, DVD player, etc.)
- Microwave (700 watts or less)
- Refrigerator (4 cubic feet or smaller)
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette appliances such as a coffee pot, (with an automatic shut-off.)
Things you may not bring
- Kitchenette appliances with exposed heating elements/coils/burners. These include open-coiled toasters, toaster ovens, grills, surface cooker/grills (i.e. "George Foreman Grill"), hot plates, deep fryers, electric skillets, halogen lamps, etc.
- Candles, incense or anything with a flame. Smoking and vaping are not permitted in the hall.
- Alcohol or empty alcohol containers, illegal drugs.
- Fireworks or weapons, including large knives (defined as more than 6 inches from tip of blade to handle), guns, ammo, or explosives.
- Traffic or highway signs. If found in the Residence Hall, they will be confiscated by the Sheriff's Office.
- Pets. Only fish are allowed in up to a 10-gallon tank.
- Bring a positive attitude and an open mind as you meet new people and have new experiences in your new surroundings! You will receive a Residence Life Handbook upon check-in.