LCCC Emergency CARES Grant
The LCCC Emergency CARES Grant is provided by the U.S. Government to support students that have been negatively impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. This funding is available through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
These emergency grants will assist students experiencing financial hardships with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations, including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance such as (not a complete list):
- Assistance with the purchase of food,
- Needs related to housing/rent/utilities,
- The purchase of course materials,
- Technology related needs,
- Assistance with health care and/or child care expenses.
Who is Eligible for the LCCC Emergency CARES Grant?
A student must meet all criteria listed to qualify:
- A student who is currently enrolled or was enrolled in an LCCC degree or certificate program for Spring 2020 Semester on or after March 13, 2020.
- A student who has been adversely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic and has an emergency need.
- Must be a US citizen or must meet the definition of an eligible non-citizen based on federal financial aid requirements.
- The funds must be used to cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus that have impacted a student's educational experience, including the allowable expenses listed above.
Who is Not Eligible for the LCCC Emergency CARES Grant?
- Students enrolled in a non-degree program.
- Students enrolled in only non-credit or life enrichment courses.
- Students that are enrolled in dual and/or concurrent courses.
- Students enrolled exclusively in an online program (i.e., in all online classes) on or before March 13, 2020.
- International students.
Apply for CARES Grant:
Students need to apply using the LCCC Emergency CARES Grant application
- Requests for funding assistance will be reviewed by the LCCC Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- Students may be asked to provide additional information or documentation to support their request.
- Students can make multiple requests, but there must be a minimum of 60 days between each request.