LCCC COVID-19 Summer 2021 Emergency Grant
The LCCC COVID-19 Summer 2021 Emergency Grant is provided by the U.S. Government to give economic relief to students that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure that students can continue their education. This funding is available through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III authorized by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
LCCC will provide emergency financial aid grants to students which may be used for any component of the student’s cost of attendance, or for emergency costs that arise due to Coronavirus, such as, but not limited to:
- Tuition and fees
- Housing (rent/utilities)
- Books and supplies
- Technology related needs
- Health care, including mental health care
- Child care
Who is Eligible for the LCCC COVID-19 Summer 2021 Emergency Grant?
A student must meet all criteria listed to qualify:
- The student is enrolled in an LCCC degree, credit diploma, or certificate program for the Summer 2021 Semester.
- The student may be enrolled in online, hybrid, or in-person classes (any combination).
- The student has been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and has a financial need for an allowable expense.
- Citizens, non-citizens, and international students are eligible.
Students with exceptional financial need, such as students that receive Pell Grants, will receive priority consideration. However, students do not need to be eligible for a Pell Grant to apply. Students are no longer required to be eligible for Title IV (federal) financial aid or complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to receive an emergency grant.
Who is Not Eligible for the LCCC COVID-19 Summer 2021 Emergency Grant?
- Students enrolled in a non-degree program.
- Students enrolled in only non-credit or life enrichment courses.
- Students that are enrolled in dual and/or concurrent courses.
- Students that are not enrolled for the Summer 2021 Semester.
- Requests for grant funding assistance will be reviewed by the LCCC Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships as soon as possible.
- Students will receive an email to their student email address when their application has been reviewed.