Ellbogen Opportunity Scholarship
The Ellbogen Opportunity Scholarship application is closed for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The Ellbogen Opportunity Scholarship will provide financial support to assist with your educational expenses for up to two (2) years in specific, high-demand degree and certificate programs.
These programs are designed for you to complete and find employment or transfer to a university to complete your bachelor's degree and then enter your career.
We know you're busy with life. You can enroll full-time or part-time. In addition to typical daytime classes, there are several programs available online as well as some options for evenings and weekends.
Space is limited. Program openings may fill at any time.
The Ellbogen Foundation will provide funding for scholarships to students who have been accepted by and enroll in LCCC in the fall of 2021, and who meet the following qualifications:
- Students are 24 years of age or older
- Students have demonstrated Wyoming residency for at least three years
- Preference will be given to students who have not already earned an associate degree or higher
- Students must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid and have unmet financial need
- Students must enroll in one of the approved programs:
Scholarship Award Amounts
- $1,500/semester: maximum award for a full-time student (12+ credit hours)
- $1,250/semester: maximum award for a 3/4-time student (9-11 credit hours)
- $750/semester: maximum award for a part-time student (6-8 credit hours)
The scholarship may be awarded for up to a maximum of two academic years, which may include a single summer semester for students who maintain continuous enrollment and meet all scholarship eligibility requirements.
Apply to LCCC
Fill out and submit your degree-seeking application at lccc.wy.edu/apply. Complete the enrollment steps.
When you apply, please make sure you choose one of the above programs that are eligible for the Ellbogen Opportunity Scholarship.
File your FAFSA
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application for all federal financial aid programs, some state programs and all LCCC scholarship and grant programs. Students must complete a FAFSA each year.
Share your FAFSA financial aid information with LCCC. Enter LCCC's school code: 009259.
Apply for the Scholarship
Complete the application for the Ellbogen Opportunity Scholarship.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, students shall:
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward a degree or certificate
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 evaluated at the end of each academic term