LCCC COVID-19 Fall 2021 Emergency Grant
The LCCC COVID-19 Fall 2021 Emergency Grant is provided by the U.S. Government to give economic relief to students that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure that students can continue their education. This funding is available through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III authorized by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
LCCC will provide emergency financial aid grants to students which may be used for any component of the student’s cost of attendance, or for emergency costs that arise due to Coronavirus, such as, but not limited to:
- Tuition and fees
- Housing (rent/utilities)
- Books and supplies
- Technology related needs
- Health care, including mental health care
- Child care
Who is Eligible?
- Students enrolled in an LCCC degree, credit diploma, or certificate program for the Fall 2021 Semester
- Students enrolled in specific non-credit workforce training courses for Fall 2021
- Citizens, non-citizens, and international students
- Students enrolled in online, hybrid, or in-person classes (any combination)
- Students that have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and have a financial need for an allowable expense
Grant amounts will be based on the student’s enrollment status at the time of awarding and the student’s financial need as determined by the 2021/2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students with exceptional financial need, such as students that receive Pell Grants, will receive priority consideration. Please note that students are not required to file a FAFSA or be eligible for Title IV (federal) financial aid to receive an emergency grant.
Who is Not Eligible?
- Students not enrolled Fall 2021 Semester
- Students enrolled in dual and/or concurrent courses
- Students enrolled in a non-degree program
- Students enrolled in only life enrichment and/or professional development courses
The LCCC COVID-19 Fall 2021 Emergency Grant Application will be available on the first class day of Fall 2021 semester, Aug. 23.
Review of grant applications will begin on Sept. 7, 2021.
Students will receive an email notification to their student email address when their grant application has been reviewed.