Self-Injury Day with Grace for 2 Brothers
Mar. 1 | 1 p.m. | More details to come
College Wellness Skills Group
Mar. 3 | 12:30 – 2 p.m. | Location TBD | Refreshments
Offers self-care skills & optimizes academic/social skills
Students only | Please call 778.1223 to register
Spring semester has begun! Tips to help start the semester off on the right foot:
- Prioritizing – Make a checklist to stay organized.
- Make time for sleep – Develop a routine to ensure you have plenty of ZZZ’s before that morning class.
- Declutter – Do you still need those notes/papers/books from last semester? Clutter makes it more difficult to focus.
- Reconnect with friends/study buddies.
- Set realistic goals – Tell your friends/family so that they may help support you.
- Get to class early – Rushing can make it difficult to focus and increase stress unnecessarily.
- ENJOY the experience – Yes, there is work to do, but make it fun!
Word of the Month: Unconditional Positive Regard
Complete acceptance and support of another person regardless of that person’s behaviors which is beneficial to the person’s self-worth and personal growth.
Dopamine, a neuromodulator most commonly associated with reward, increases when one is in romantic love.
Articles and videos on various mental health and wellness topics. To access, visit www.connectwellnesshub.com or download CampusWell in any app store and select Laramie County Community College.
Mindfulness: What is it and how does one utilize it?
We’ve all heard the phrase, “Live in the moment.” In laymen terms, this is precisely what mindfulness is about.
- Being consciously aware of the present moment
- Acceptance of the present without judgment/rejection; simply be
- Each moment is an experience – do not ignore the present for the past or the future
Mindfulness skills are:
- Specific behaviors that when combined, compose the concept of mindfulness
- Observe one’s thoughts/feelings/sensations/etc.
- Describe one’s observations
- Participate by giving one’s full attention
- May be done at any moment; after all there is no time like the present
- Meditation/Prayer/Movement (e.g. yoga/
FREE TUESDAY NIGHT HEALTH CLINIC
6 – 8 p.m. / Fall & Spring Semesters
CCC 129 | 307.432.1683 | Appointments encouraged
Must be enrolled in at least 1 LCCC credit/bearing course.
Feeling anxious? Depressed? Not quite yourself? Or maybe even having thoughts about wanting to die?
CALL Counseling & Campus Wellness to schedule a FREE appointment today. Walk-ins welcome!
Telehealth Sessions – EMDR now available
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
~ Helen Keller