Emotional Support Dogs
2 p.m. – 4 p.m. | Dec. 6 | Student Lounge
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. | Dec. 9 | Health Sciences
11 a.m. – 12 p.m. | Dec. 9 | Library
10 a.m. – 12 p.m. | Dec. 6 | Student Lounge
Finals have you stressed? Here are a few tips to breeze through finals week:
- Prioritize/Make a Schedule
- Don’t Procrastinate – Now is a Good Time
- Take a Time Out for Self-Care
- Eat Healthy Meals & Snacks
- Get Plenty of Sleep
- Find a Study Place that Meets Your Needs
- Get Moving with Exercise
- Reward Yourself
Word of the Month: Explicit Memory
Long-term memory that is able to be recalled on demand. Example, purposefully retrieving info. for an exam.
It has been estimated that the human brain has a memory capacity of 2.5 petabytes (2.5 million gigabytes) when compared to a computer. This is akin to roughly 300 hours of TV shows! How does your computer compare?
Articles and videos on various mental health and wellness topics. To access, visit www.connectwellnesshub.com or download CampusWell in any app store and select Laramie County Community College.
‘Tis the Season!
How to Manage Your Mental Health During the Holidays:
- Stay in Therapy – Holidays can stir up difficult emotions. This is your time to discuss anything that might come to the surface.
- Mindfulness – Take a few moments of time and focus on you. Find a quiet place and concentrate on your breathing. Slow, deep breathes in and slowly exhale. What are your thoughts? What is your body telling you in this moment?
- Do NOT Rely on Drugs/Alcohol – Studies have shown that substance use can actually increase symptoms of anxiety and worsen depression.
- Soak Up the Sun – Get out of the house and take a short walk outside. Enjoying the outdoors have been shown to decrease stress, increase concentration, improve mental energy, & lower inflammation.
- Set Realistic Expectations – Don’t dwell on the past year’s “should haves.” Instead,
set reasonable goals that can easily be added onto.
FREE TUESDAY NIGHT HEALTH CLINIC
6 – 8 p.m. / Fall & Spring Semesters
CCC 129 | 307.432.1683 | Appointments encouraged
Must be enrolled in at least 1 LCCC credit/bearing course.
Feeling anxious? Depressed? Not quite yourself? Or maybe even having thoughts about wanting to die?
CALL Counseling & Campus Wellness to schedule an appointment today. Walk-ins welcome!
Telehealth Sessions – EMDR now available
“You can be a good person with a kind heart and still say no.”