School of Arts and Humanities Scholarships
To apply for the School of Arts and Humanities scholarships, please review the criteria below along with completing the School of Arts and Humanities Scholarship Application.
Students must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Enter LCCC's school code: 009259.
Learn about additional LCCC scholarships and financial aid opportunities.
Art Department Scholarship
Student must meet the following criteria:
- Artist statement of intent submitted to the email address listed below. This statement
should address the following:
a. Media, techniques, and ideas with which the student enjoys working.
b. Why the student wishes to pursue art/design in college.
c. Identify the student's professional and personal goals in art/design.
- Students must have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Student must be an art major.
Submit completed application and required materials to the following:
Outstanding Developmental English Student Scholarship
This scholarship will be offered to an outstanding student currently enrolled in a developmental English course. One applicant will be chosen each semester. This scholarship is for $250.
Requirements and Restrictions
- Students must be currently enrolled in an English 0810 or 0910 course.
- Students must write a 3-5 paragraph essay describing how their developmental English course has helped them achieve their goals, both in college and outside college.
- Students must fill out an application and submit the application and the essay to Melanie Young by email at myoungFREELARAMIE or on paper to her mailbox in FA 162. Applications for Fall 2018 are due by Monday, May 14.
Students who are offered the scholarship will be notified by mail, and the offer will be dispersed the following semester. If you are offered the scholarship, you will be asked to share your experiences about your developmental course, and the department may use that material publicly.
Students should direct any questions to
High Plains Register Scholarship
There are two scholarship amounts:
1) $200 for a new staff member
2) $350 for a returning staff member.
This scholarship is renewable on a semester-by-semester basis.
The student must meet the following criteria:
- Have a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher (high school GPA if student is first-semester
- Have completed with a 3.0 or better average at least 1 credit hour of ENGL 2100 (Literary Magazine) (for the $350 scholarship).
- Be enrolled in ENGL 2100 (Literary Magazine) for at least 1 credit hour per semester in which the award is given.
- Complete an informal interview with the High Plains Register advisor.
Submit completed application to the following:
Mass Media/Multimedia Department Scholarship
Students will be expected to meet the following criteria in order to secure scholarship funding.
a. Student must complete FAFSA (LCCC code 009259) and Arts and Humanities Scholarship
b. Must be an active staff member of Wingspan Student Media**.
c. Must submit a letter of application. The letter should address which position the student hopes to hold within student media and goals for that position during the upcoming semester.
d. Must submit a portfolio of work (10 clips from any publication). Portfolios will be accepted in any easy-to-view format.
** Becoming a staff member for Wingspan Student Media can be done by enrolling in an MMMM Productions course (MMMM 1370, 1371, 1375, 1376, 2370, 2371, 2375, 2376) OR by holding a staff position for the semester in which money is awarded. These students will be required to submit a portfolio of work under the same submission and assessment criteria as required in the Productions course.
Special note: Continued scholarship funding is not guaranteed. Students who drop out of the productions courses or who resign from Wingspan are no longer eligible for future institutional funding.
Scholarship application materials should be submitted to:
Adviser for Wingspan Student Media
1400 E. College Drive
Cheyenne, WY 82007
Music Department Scholarship
Recommended High School or most recent semester completed cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Audition Performance Requirement:
- Perform two memorized pieces in contrasting styles on a primary instrument
- Assessment of musical skills (scales, ranges, aural skills, sight-reading)
Auditions can be performed during scholarship audition dates on the LCCC campus OR a video performance may be submitted electronically to Beth Kean at bkeanFREELARAMIE. If electronic submission is made, please include the following:
Name: Last, First
Current Music Director/Teacher Name:
Current Music Director/Teacher Email & Phone:
Title and Composer/Arranger Piece 1:
Title and Composer/Arranger Piece 2:
Tell us how long have you been studying your primary instrument.
Do you play other instruments? If so, please list them.
Scholarships will be offered based upon performance ability, musical ability and GPA. Students declared as a non-music major and those declared as a music major will be considered for scholarship. If scholarships are offered, students must:
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or better in all coursework
- Maintain a C or better in all music courses, including at least one performance ensemble
- Be enrolled in at least one performance ensemble both fall and spring semesters
- Attendance and service (when requested) for events within the School of Arts and Humanities each semester (1 for non-majors and at least 2 for music majors)
Scholarships may be renewable for up to 5 consecutive semesters contingent upon college funding and successful completion of scholarship requirements.
Please submit completed application and required materials to
Beth Kean at bkeanFREELARAMIE
Spanish Department Scholarship
In order to receive and maintain a scholarship, the following requirements must be met:
- Student must declare Spanish as their major or double major.
- Student must be a full-time student registered for at least 12 credit hours.
- Student must be enrolled in classes that lead to an associate degree in and must have met with an academic advisor.
- Student must achieve and maintain a 2.6 cumulative GPA for each semester of attendance.
- Student must successfully complete 67% of all coursework each semester.
Note: Students who do not achieve the requirements above will be put in a probationary status and might not receive this scholarship.
This scholarship is valid for only one year but may be renewed for a total of two years for students completing one Spanish major or up to three years for students double majoring with Spanish as one of the majors.
Note: For students coming recruited from high schools, the minimum GPA will be 3.5 or higher.
Submit completed application and required documents to the following:
Juan Antonio Bernabéu
Theatre Department Scholarship
Scholarship applications must fulfill the following:
Actors shall prepare 2 contrasting contemporary monologues for an audition totaling 2 minutes. Video auditions should be emailed to Jason Pasqua at jpasquaFREELARAMIE.
Technical Artists should submit a portfolio of their work. Electronic portfolios should be submitted to Jason Pasqua at jpasquaFREELARAMIE.
The awarding of a theatre scholarship requires:
- Enrollment in the Theatre Track as your intended major.
- Participation in all LCCC Theatre productions.
- Enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
This scholarship is renewable each semester pending fulfillment of the above requirements and can be renewed for a maximum of 5 semesters.
Submit completed application and other required materials to the following: