LCCC Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Student FAQ
Please visit our LCCC Fall 2020 website for current information regarding classes, residence halls, athletics, co-curricular activities, etc. The webpage will be updated as new information becomes available. You are also welcome to contact program areas for more information. Contact information is available on the Program webpages, within each Pathway.
All classes have been updated to indicate the course delivery method. Updated information can be found in the Self-Service app, via myLCCC for current students and in the Fall Schedule for prospective or new students, using the “Search for Classes” feature.
For additional assistance, non-registered students can contact the LCCC Student Hub at StudentHub@lccc.wy.edu; current students are encouraged to schedule a virtual appointment using the Navigate app with their advisor.
LCCC will be offering a variety of course delivery methods to help each student continue their education in a format that is comfortable for them. Please visit our Fall 2020 webpage for more details. Near the start of the semester you can anticipate communication from your instructor regarding the delivery method for each class.
- Face-to-Face: Face-to-face classes will be exclusively on-campus, in-person class meetings at one of the LCCC campuses as originally defined in the Fall 2020 schedule.
- Hybrid: Hybrid classes includes some on-campus, in-person class meetings combined with virtual instruction. All ACC classes will be offered in the hybrid model.
- Online on a Schedule (Synchronous): Online on a Schedule (Synchronous) Instruction means that classes have a set time to take place. Instructors and students are online at the same time.
- Online Anytime (Asynchronous): Online Anytime (Asynchronous) Instruction means that students may participate in the course at their own preferred time. There is no set time for classes to meet.
While on campus all individuals (students, employees and visitors) are asked to main social distancing of 6 ft., when possible. When social distancing is not possible you are required to wear face coverings. We are working to arrange classroom furniture to allow for social distancing when possible. For a summary of our Fall 2020 COVID-19 protocols please review our Phase II Return to Business Summary.
All LCCC classes will move to an entirely virtual format to reduce the potential for spreading of COVID-19 after students and employees spend the holiday with family and friends. Specific details will be shared by your instructor when classes start and throughout the semester regarding post-Thanksgiving instruction.
LCCC’s tuition and fee rates for classes will remain the same, so most financial aid will not be impacted. Any adjustments to your financial aid will be visible to you in the Self-Service app in your myLCCC account, this will always have the most up-to-date information available.
LCCC will be operating in a lower-density, social distancing model in the existing halls. Assignments will be made for students with complete applications, paid deposits, in the order in which applications were received in accordance with LCCC’s Nondiscrimination Statement. Communication about assignments will be sent to students with a complete application and paid deposit to students’ LCCC email the week of July 20.
To cancel your Housing Application, use the Student Housing App in myLCCC, click “Manage Housing Applications, then click “withdraw” 2020-2021 Application.
The new residence hall will be open and available for the Spring 2021 semester. To move your application to Spring 2021, in the Student Housing App in myLCCC, click “Manage Housing Applications, click “withdraw” 2020-2021 Application, then apply for Spring 2021. We will hold your deposit for your Spring request.
LCCC service areas are currently working on operational plans to ensure we can meet the needs of our student’s both in-person and virtually. More information will be available as we approach the beginning of the fall semester and can be found on our Fall 2020 webpage. Please note that this is an ongoing and fluid situation and changes may occur due to ongoing state and local guidance.
Technology hardware (e.g., laptops, etc.) assistance can be provided to students that have identified hardships limiting their ability to learn virtually. These will be provided on a minimal, as-needed basis. Details on requesting and checking out this equipment have been posted to Canvas. Students can express their needs via this online survey or by calling the Support Desk at 307.778.4357 and a team member will return your call (due to staff working remotely) and help you complete the survey and schedule a time to pick up a laptop at the LCCC library on the Cheyenne or ACC campus.
Yes, however, all appointments will be done virtually. Please use advisingFREELARAMIE or the Navigate App in myLCCC to schedule appointments and request assistance. Prospective students, please contact Admissions by emailing email@example.com for your next steps.
If you have been exposed or in close proximity to other individuals known to have been infected by Covid-19, or if you are experiencing the identified symptoms, please self-quarantine at home for four (4) days or while the symptoms are present. If after four (4) days you develop or continue to present symptoms, we encourage you to contact a local healthcare provider for information on being tested for Covid-19.
To protect our students and employees, LCCC has suspended the physical operations at all of our locations. We will be offering virtual services. For a full list of employees, please visit the employee directory.
Effective Monday, June 1, the following are in effect at LCCC:
- The Dental Clinic will be closed through Aug. 14.
- The Children’s Discovery Center (CDC) will be closed through Aug. 14.
- The Ludden Library and Learning Commons will be closed. Virtual services will be provided.
- The Recreation and Athletics Complex (RAC) will be closed through Aug. 14.
- LCCC is suspending all upcoming campus tours until further notice.
- Events (including life enrichment) that adhere to the guidelines of state and local health orders, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact the ITS Support Desk for assistance with Canvas. They can be reached at 307.778.4357 or itstechFREELARAMIE. Or you can submit a ticket through myLCCC using the Support Desk icon.
Yes, the LCCC Emergency CARES Grant assists students experiencing financial hardships with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations, including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance such as (not a complete list):
- Assistance with the purchase of food,
- Needs related to housing/rent/utilities,
- The purchase of course materials,
- Technology related needs,
- Assistance with health care and/or child care expenses.