Wyoming Works is a state grant program and resources targeted at adult students to
advance their skills in areas that lead to secure employment. Space and grant funding
is limited. Funding is only guaranteed for one year.
Wyoming Works Standard Grant will be up to $840 per semester.
Wyoming Works Critical Grant will be up to $1680 per semester.
A student’s grant amount will be limited to their remaining financial need after all other grants and scholarships are considered.
Who is Eligible for a Wyoming Works Grant?
- Must complete the FAFSA form, showing financial need.
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent US resident who meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under federal financial aid requirements.
- Must be a Wyoming resident.
- As required, must be registered with the selective service.
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Must be a new program participant starting Fall 2019 or later.
- Must be enrolled in one of the following programs:
All programs listed qualify for Wyoming Works Critical Grant amount.
Does not cover prerequisite courses.
- Must maintain continuous enrollment in an eligible program.
- A student may transfer from one approved program to another while maintaining continuous enrollment at LCCC, or transfer to another Wyoming community college and enroll in an approved program at the transfer institution immediately after transfer.
- A student may be eligible for this grant for no more than six semesters.
Who is Not Eligible for a Wyoming Works Grant?
- Cannot be currently receiving or eligible to receive the Hathaway scholarship.
- Cannot be currently in default on a federal Tile IV education loan.
- Cannot owe a refund under a federal Title IV student financial aid program or a subsequently enacted similar federal student financial aid program, or a student financial aid program administered through the State of Wyoming.
Steps to Apply for Wyoming Works
Apply to LCCC
Fill out and submit your degree-seeking application at lccc.wy.edu/apply. Complete the enrollment steps.
When you apply, please make sure you choose one of the above programs that are eligible for the Wyoming Works grant.
File your FAFSA
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application for all federal financial aid programs, some state programs and all LCCC scholarship and grant programs. Students must complete a FAFSA each year.
Share your FAFSA financial aid information with LCCC. Enter LCCC's school code: 009259.
Apply for Wyoming Works
About Wyoming Works
The Wyoming Works Program was signed into law following the 2019 Wyoming legislative session. The legislation allocated $5 million to support the program - $3 million of which will used for individual student grants, and the balance will support program development. The allocation will be shared by all seven Wyoming community colleges.
Note: Additional programs, which will also qualify for Wyoming Works Grants, are under development. Programs that qualify under Wyoming Works are those which meet labor and economic development needs.