In order to qualify for a Hathaway Scholarship, a student must:
- Demonstrate Wyoming residency as determined by the eligible institution.
- Successfully complete the success curriculum and be accepted for admission by the eligible institution.
- Apply for the Hathaway Scholarship prior to the start of the semester you wish to initiate the scholarship.
- Have graduated from an eligible high school.
- Satisfy current state curriculum requirements and the success curriculum requirements.
- Meet the minimum cumulative high school GPA requirements and ACT or WorkKeys® requirements.
- Have graduated after April 1, 2006.
- Have received the GED while residing in Wyoming and,
- Have attended an eligible high school prior to receipt of the GED; and,
- Have taken the GED after April 1, 2006.
- Meet the minimum GED score requirements and ACT or WorkKeys® requirements.
- Have submitted curriculum to the local board of trustees each year through grade 12 or graduation to demonstrate the home-school program complies with the requirements of a basic academic educational program; and,
- Satisfy the same curriculum as high school graduates, including the success curriculum requirements.
- Meet the minimum ACT or WorkKeys® requirements.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a resident of Wyoming or eligible nonresident. Resident tuition classification decisions are made by the Laramie County Community College Admissions Office.
- Must be a 2006 high school graduate or beyond.
- Must apply for award and enroll at LCCC within two years of high school graduation and prior to your 21st birthday.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must not be in default on a federal Title IV education loan.
- Must not owe any refunds on a federal Title IV student aid program.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony in Wyoming or another jurisdiction (Exceptions may be granted by the Wyoming Dept. of Education).
- Must not be incarcerated.