2021 LCCC COVID-19 Emergency Grant
The 2021 LCCC COVID-19 Emergency Grant is provided by the U.S. Government to give economic relief to students that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, many of whom are facing financial challenges and struggling to make ends meet. This funding is available through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA).
These emergency financial aid grants will assist students experiencing financial hardships with expenses covered under the student’s cost-of-attendance, or for emergency costs that arise due to Coronavirus, such as but not limited to:
- Tuition and fees
- Housing (rent/utilities)
- Books and supplies
- Technology related needs
- Health care, including mental health care
- Child care
Who is Eligible for the 2021 LCCC COVID-19 Emergency Grant?
A student must meet all criteria listed to qualify:
- The student is currently enrolled, or will be enrolled, in an LCCC degree or certificate program for the Spring 2021 Semester.
- The student may be enrolled in online, hybrid, or in-person classes (any combination).
- The student must be a US citizen or must meet the definition of an eligible non-citizen based on federal financial aid requirements.
- The student has been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and has an emergency financial need for an allowable expense.
- Students must apply by Mar. 22, 2021.
Students with exceptional financial need, such as students that receive Pell Grants, will receive priority consideration. However, students do not need to be Pell Grant-eligible to apply.
Who is Not Eligible for the 2021 LCCC COVID-19 Emergency Grant?
- Students enrolled in a non-degree program.
- Students enrolled in only non-credit or life enrichment courses.
- Students that are enrolled in dual and/or concurrent courses.
- International students and undocumented students.
Complete the 2021 LCCC COVID-19 Emergency Grant application (application deadline
Application deadline: Mar. 22, 2021
- Requests for funding assistance will be reviewed by the LCCC Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships immediately following the application deadline date.
- Grants will be distributed as soon as possible following the application deadline date.
- Students will receive an email when their application has been reviewed.