When we ask students who has influenced their career path most, an overwhelming majority of them say a parent or family member. Students look to their family to provide career advice and support. Because of this important role, you can be a positive motivation to your student’s career development success.
To help your student family member, you can:
- Know what the LCCC Career Center services are and encourage your student to use the resources early in their academic career.
- Encourage your student to get involved on campus and in the community.
- Encourage career and major exploration and discuss those possibilities with an open mind.
- Connect students to your networks for the purposes of learning more about the world of work and career fields.
- Learn more about the FERPA law and how it applies to students.