Individual and Drop-in Appointments
We offer individual and walk-in appointments to students and alumni. Individual appointments with a career advisor are about 30-60 minutes and can be any topic related to the career development process.
- To make an appointment call 307.778.1351, email or stop by our office in the Clay Pathfinder Building, Room 111.
Drop-in appointments are a quick and convenient way to get some resume and job search assistance. Drop-in appointments are about 15 minutes during the Spring 2017 semester and are on Tuesdays from 9 - 11 a.m. and 3 - 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. No appointments are needed; just stop by.
Long distance appointments by phone, email or Skype with a career advisor are about 30-50 minutes and can be any topic related to the career development process.
- To make an appointment, call 307.778.1351 or email.
What to expect of your career services appointment
- A safe and welcoming environment.
- Appointment times ranging from 30-60 minutes depending on career development topic(s).
- Free career services for all students and alumni.
- A partnership between you and your Career Center advisor. We expect you to be engaged in your own career development journey. We cannot make decisions for you, therefore, please come prepared with questions and materials for discussion.
- Referrals to career assessments, online career resources and/or career handouts that will be helpful and specific to your individual needs.
- Referrals to campus and community resources as needed.
- Follow-up appointments depending on specific needs and career topic(s).
What NOT to expect of your career services appointment
- Career Center staff to make decisions for you. We will guide you to develop the tools and knowledge needed to move you toward a successful future.
- Discussions concerning class registration, credits, grades or course curriculum. This information should be discussed with your academic advisor.
- Career Center staff to write your resumes, cover letters or thank you letters for you. We do provide critiques and will make corrections based on your initial draft.
- Job or internship placement. We are here to educate and help you with the job search process, but we don’t place you in a job. Career development is a lifelong process and we want you to know how to navigate the job search effectively after you leave LCCC.