TRIO is a federally funded program that ensures students achieve their full academic potential by fostering a supportive academic environment. Students in the program will persist through graduation and transfer to four-year colleges.
Services are primarily for students on the Cheyenne campus. Other students should contact the TRIO director to determine if services can be provided through email and phone.
- Academic advising
- Financial aid advising
- Financial literacy advising
- Transfer advising
Students who are eligible for TRIO services must be:
- admitted to LCCC as a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen AND
- first-generation college student (neither parent has a four-year degree) OR
- low-income OR
- a student with disabilities
Priority consideration is given to students who intend to graduate from LCCC and transfer to a four-year college or university within three years.
Want to learn more about TRIO Student Support Services? We will have information sessions monthly, and they are open to anyone interested in learning more about TRIO eligibility and services. Information sessions will be held on the following dates in the Student Services/Crossroads building (across from Admissions), and are expected to last approximately 45 minutes:
- Thursday, Sept. 29 at 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 13 at 2:30 p.m.
TRIO SSS will accept applications between May 1 and Oct. 31.
- Attend an information session (optional).
- Complete and submit an application packet. (It is recommended that you use Internet Explorer).
- Packets are available in Student Planning & Success (CCC 128) or online
- Application packet includes signed TRIO Application Form AND Intake Form
- Attend a TRIO Interview. Interviews will be scheduled with TRIO staff after July 15.
- TRIO applicants will be notified of their status by Nov. 18.
Faculty and staff members are encouraged to refer students to the TRIO office through the program's Referral Form.
Please return the completed form to TRIO, College Community Center, Room 128.