Material on this page reflects the most recent college catalog. The college reserves the right to make changes in catalog information when necessary and to correct errors.
Completion of the Industrial Systems Technology credit diploma is required for enrollment in Plumbing Technology credit diploma courses.
|CMGT 1520||Introduction to Blueprint Reading and Building Codes||3|
|FMT 1700*||Introduction to Plumbing||3|
|FMT 1710*||Plumbing Pipefitting||3|
|FMT 1720*||Plumbing Piping, Water||3|
|FMT 1730*||Plumbing Installation||3|
|HVAC 1600||Mechanical Piping Systems||3|
|Semester Credits 18|
Total Credits: 36
* This course has at least one prerequisite. Check the Course Descriptions section of the catalog to see the course prerequisites.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment in accordance with national standards.
- Demonstrate installation of pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers or water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of blueprints and drawings.
- Detect and locate leaks in plumbing by filling pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges.
- Document and keep accurate and detailed records of work assignments.