Due to the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) situation, all scholarship auditions through May 15, 2020 must be video submissions.
Scholarships will be offered based upon performance ability, musical ability and GPA. Scholarships are available for music majors and non-music majors.
Vocal and Instrumental Music Auditions
- Students must present two pieces in contrasting styles
- Auditions are limited to a primary instrument
- Musical abilities will be assessed (scales, ranges, aural skills, sight-reading)
- Video recordings of auditions may be accepted.
If scholarships are offered, students must
- maintain a 2.5 GPA or better in all coursework
- maintain a C or better in all music courses (including at least one performance ensemble)
- be enrolled in at least one performance ensemble both fall and spring semesters
- attend and volunteer service (when requested) for events within the Schools of Arts and Humanities each semester (1 for non-majors and at least 2 for music majors).
Scholarships may be renewable for up to 5 consecutive semesters contingent upon college funding and successful completion of scholarship requirements.