Apply to the Program
The Dental Hygiene program starts one class each year in early January. Applications may be submitted between July 1 and Aug. 15. Applications received after the Aug. 15 deadline won't be considered.
Submit an LCCC Admission Application to the Admissions Office. It is the student's responsibility to request official transcripts of high school and college courses to be sent to the Student Records Office. GED recipients must request an official score report and have it sent.
NOTE: Unofficial transcripts (student copies, including LCCC) must be attached and submitted with the Dental Hygiene Application.
Completion of/or substantial progress in completing, all required prerequisites as outlined in the program application. All must be completed with a C or higher by August 25, 2020.
Pre-Admission Observation form will be available soon.
Complete the Dental Hygiene Program Application.
Applications will be accepted after July 15 and must be received on or before August 15. Prerequisite courses must be completed, in progress or the student must be enrolled for the fall semester to be able to complete all prerequisite courses prior to acceptance into the dental hygiene program. All courses completed by the application deadline will be awarded points according to the attached criteria. For points to be awarded for completed summer semester courses, students must submit a copy of unofficial transcripts, grade reports or verification by the course instructor to the dental hygiene program on or before August 25. Official transcripts must also be requested and sent to the Admissions office.
- Documentation of LCCC application and acceptance for Admission to the institution. Applicants must request and send official transcripts from high school and from each college previously attended. GED recipients must request an official score report and have it sent. NOTE: Student copies of the college transcripts must be attached and submitted with the Dental Hygiene Program Application.
- Completed acceptance form
- Dental Hygiene Program fee deposit of $3,717.00
- The following documentation is due in December after acceptance to the program; Verification of current vaccinations and titers (Hepatitis B, Rubella, Rubeola, Diphtheria, Tetanus, MMR, Varicella). A current TB test (PPD) and Influenza (flu) shot. Students must maintain current TB testing and Influenza (flu) shot at all times while in the Dental Hygiene Program. The student will need to have an Eye Examination Report completed (form supplied after acceptance to the program) by an optometrist or physician who provides eye examinations.
- A copy of both sides of a current American Heart Association certification card in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation for Health Care Providers. (Note: Other organization's certification is NOT acceptable.) Students must maintain current Health Care Provider CPR certification at all times while in the Dental Hygiene Program.
- A verification form related to personal health insurance. All students admitted to the Dental Hygiene Program are expected to be responsible for personal health costs. Students are not covered by worker's compensation because they are not employees of LCCC or any clinical sites. The college does not offer health insurance.
- Acceptable chemical impairment screening and criminal background checks are required. Chemical impairment may compromise both the educational process and patient safety. Early identification, evaluation and treatment are in the best interest of our students and the patients they serve. In addition, clinical sites may require random drug testing and/or drug testing for reasonable cause. Generally, the urine drug test screens for alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or drugs that impair judgment while in the clinical site, classroom or participating in program activities. Testing positive on the screening, or evidence of tampering with a specimen, will disqualify a student from participating in program assignments.
Please mail applications with additional forms and requirements to:
LCCC Dental Hygiene
1400 East College Dr
Cheyenne, WY 82007
To be considered for admission into the program, students must complete Steps 1-5 above.
Admission is based on a point system of completed prerequisite coursework.
- Each prerequisite course must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- Science prerequisite GPA: A 2.5 GPA minimum is required for all science course prerequisites to obtain points. 0.75 points will be awarded for every 0.05 points over the minimum 2.5 GPA requirement. (22.5 points maximum)
- General studies prerequisite GPA: A 2.5 GPA minimum required for all general studies prerequisites to obtain points. 0.5 points will be awarded for every 0.05 points over the minimum 2.5 GPA requirement. (15 points maximum)
- For courses that have been retaken, the most recent grade will be used.
- If an applicant has repeated more than two prerequisite courses, one point will be deducted from the total points for each repeated course.
- If two applicants are equally qualified, the overall prerequisite GPA will be the determining factor in the selection process. In the event that there is still a tie, the science GPA will be the determining factor. If there is still a tie, preference will be given to the Wyoming resident, and finally, previous work experience in the dental field.
LCCC doesn't discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
1. Maintain a minimum grade of C in each required dental hygiene course.
2. Take the dental hygiene courses in sequence.
3. Maintain acceptable background checks/drug screens and certifications.