Goals & Mission
The LCCC DMS program is dedicated to providing quality education for its students in order to promote excellence in the art and science of sonography. Guided by the mission of the college, the program strives to provide academic and clinical experiences that produce competent and compassionate sonographers with a commitment to the performance of quality imaging and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
Program Goals & Objectives
- Students will obtain, review and integrate pertinent patient data to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
- Students will select appropriate technical factors when scanning patients.
- Students will perform sonographic procedures appropriately and accurately recording all anatomic and physiologic information for interpretation by a physician.
- Students will document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings to the interpreting physician in order to facilitate patient diagnosis.
- Students will maintain optimal function of the sonographic equipment.
- Students will assist physician during invasive ultrasound guided procedures.
- Students will manipulate technical variables to obtain optimal diagnostic images.
- Students will evaluate images for diagnostic quality, identifying appropriate solutions for poor image quality.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills with patients and all members of the healthcare team.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Students will provide customer relations skills in patient care and education to promote overall well-being.
- Students will adapt exam positioning and protocols due to patient condition.
- Students will employ a safe work environment.
- Students will act in a professional manner within recognized ethical and legal standards.
- Students will demonstrate a respect for diversity and the ability to work with others and special patient populations.
- Students will demonstrate workplace behavior conducive to professional advancement.
- Students will differentiate between the ARDMS and ARRT exam(s), and additional certification opportunities.
- Students will demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Students will pass the ARDMS SPI on the first attempt.
- Students will pass the ARDMS AB and/or OB on the first attempt.
- Of those pursuing employment, students will be gainfully employed within six months post-graduation.
- Students will complete the program.
- Students will express satisfaction with their education.
- Employers will express satisfaction with LCCC graduate performance.