Volunteers are needed for students to practice their OB ultrasound scanning techniques in LCCC's modern ultrasound lab. Sessions are free.
All volunteers must:
- Be 18-36 weeks (4.5 - 8 months) pregnant at the time of the exam.
- Have had a normal OB ultrasound performed at a physician's office, clinic or hospital for their current pregnancy in the second or third trimester.
- Bring their OB report or have a doctor's note on a letterhead from the office.
What to Expect
- Volunteers will be scanned for about 45 minutes by one to two students. At all times, students are monitored and instructed by an experienced and registered LCCC DMS faculty member.
- These ultrasound exams are NOT designed to replace official ultrasound exams performed by professional sonographers.
- Ultrasound exams will NOT be read by a radiologist, nor will a report be generated.
- Students will provide several paper print images of a volunteer's baby.
- LCCC will provide volunteers with a CD of their exam. Images are JPEG format.
- LCCC does have 3-D/4-D technology
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring up to three guests with them to share in the experience.
- OB ultrasound exams are FREE and are provided to aid in the training of LCCC DMS students.
- Volunteers should prepare to be patient and enjoy the time spent observing their baby.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Exams are available every Wednesday from Jan. 27 - May 4, 2016. Contact Amanda Kutsch at 307.778.1140 to schedule an appointment.
For more information, please refer to the brochure.