- Because Cheyenne, the largest city in Wyoming, serves the state capital, it offers numerous job opportunities in local, state and federal government agencies.
- Many nonprofit organizations have their headquarters in Cheyenne and offer positions, especially in public relations and marketing.
- Laramie County has a daily newspaper, several weekly newspapers, one television station, 10 radio stations, several Internet and marketing companies, and advertising and public relations agencies.
- Printing companies and catalog designers such as Sierra Trading Post offer job opportunities.
- Associated Press
- Bureau of Land Management
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
- KFBC Radio
- Laramie County Tobacco Prevention
- Old West Museum
- Wyoming Association of Conservation Districts
- Wyoming Department of Agriculture
- Wyoming Homeland Security
- Wyoming newspapers
- Wyoming State International Trade Office
- Wyoming Tribune-Eagle
- And various other businesses in town
While paid internships, especially summer internships, are highly encouraged, the Mass Media program does not currently provide course credit for internships. Experiential learning, including the creation of a portfolio of created content, is provided through Wingspan Student Media.