Material on this page reflects the most recent college catalog. The college reserves the right to make changes in catalog information when necessary and to correct errors.
|IST1520||Introduction to Industrial Safety||3|
|IST1560||Trade Skills Fundamentals||3|
|IST1711||DC Electrical Circuits||1|
|IST1713||AC Electrical Circuits||1|
|IST1661||Mechanical Drive Assemblies||1|
|HMDV1510||Success in the Workplace: Soft Skills||3|
|Semester Credits 18|
Total Credits: 18
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe the importance of safety, the causes of workplace incidents and the process of hazard recognition and control.
- Describe the safe work requirements for elevated work.
- Convert units of length, weight, volume, and temperature between the imperial and metric systems of measurement.
- Decide where and how to connect basic electrical components.
- Decide if it is safe to use mechanical equipment.
- Define and identify personal skills, strengths, and attributes.
- Understand and practice interviewing techniques that highlight skills.