Material on this page reflects the most recent college catalog. The college reserves the right to make changes in catalog information when necessary and to correct errors.
|HMDV 1510||Success in the Workplace: Soft Skills||3|
|IST 1520||Introduction to Industrial Safety||3|
|IST 1560||Trade Skills Fundamentals||3|
|IST 1660*||Mechanical Drives||2|
|IST 1661*||Mechanical Drive Assemblies||1|
|IST 1710*||DC Electricity||2|
|IST 1711*||DC Electrical Circuits||1|
|IST 1712*||AC Electricity||2|
|IST 1713*||AC Electrical Circuits||1|
|Semester Credits 18|
Total Credits: 18
* This course has at least one prerequisite. Check the Course Descriptions section of the catalog to see the course prerequisites.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe the importance of safety, the causes of workplace incidents and the process of hazard recognition and control.
- Describe the safe work requirements for elevated work.
- Convert units of length, weight, volume, and temperature between the imperial and metric systems of measurement.
- Decide where and how to connect basic electrical components.
- Decide if it is safe to use mechanical equipment.
- Define and identify personal skills, strengths, and attributes.
- Understand and practice interviewing techniques that highlight skills.