Laramie County Community College in partnership with the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security is excited to offer to students the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security (WOHS) Student Tuition Assistance Program (STAP). This program is designed to help Wyoming residents pursing a Homeland Security associate degree or certificate at LCCC. LCCC hopes that through this program, more Wyoming residents will have the opportunity to pursue the field of Homeland Security and, in turn, use their knowledge for the betterment of the community.
Application deadline for SP 2016: April 29
Reimbursement request deadline for SP 2016: May 13
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must pursue a LCCC Homeland Security associate degree or certificate.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants will be required to complete 20 hours of approved experiential service per semester through one or more of the 14 approved disciplines.
- Applicants will be required to maintain Wyoming residency.
- Applicants must demonstrate appropriate behavior at all times (see student handbook).
- Applicants must complete the alumni survey they receive six months after completion of their degree or certificate.
- Complete the WOHS STAP Student Application and Agreement (PDF).
- Students can either email, mail or fax the completed application and a copy of their current Wyoming Driver’s License prior to the posted deadline to:
Mail: James A. Burghard
Laramie County Community College
1400 East College Drive
Room B 227
Cheyenne, WY 82001
- Applicants will be notified if they qualify.
- Approved applicants must submit the completed Tuition Reimbursement Request (PDF), original receipt of paid tuition, and proof of 20 experiential service hours to the program manager by posted deadline.
- A check for eligible reimbursement costs will be sent directly to the student.