Apply to the Program
Students are admitted to the HIT/M program in the spring semester. Applications are due by October 30.
- Apply and be accepted to LCCC.
- Provide an official copy of all past high school and college transcripts to the LCCC Admissions office. This step takes time, begin this early in the application process.
- Complete the application using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Google Chrome is not compatible with the PDF application.
- In the email subject line: Last, First Name HITM Program Application
- Submit all required, supporting documents labeled: Last, First Name Document Title. Ex., Smith, Joe Resume
Successful applicants will be notified of conditional acceptance by mail within one month of the rolling application deadline. To be considered for admittance to the fall semester, all complete applications must be received by May 30 with student notification of acceptance by June 15. For admittance to the spring semester, the application must be received prior to Oct. 30 with student notification by Nov. 15.
Information on completing the background check and drug screen will be sent with the student's acceptance letter. Any associated fees will be the responsibility of the student. Generally, the urine drug test screens for alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or drugs that impair judgment. Testing positive on the screening, or evidence of tampering with a specimen, will disqualify a student from participating in the program. In addition to drug screening, for the safety of patients and health care workers, elder and child abuse clearance and criminal background checks are required by some agencies prior to a clinical assignment. Certain criminal activity, as evidenced by a criminal background check, also may disqualify a student from clinical participation. For more information, please see the complete Health Sciences and Wellness Division Policy (pdf) for allied health students.