Exercise Science - Coaching
Sport coaching is an emerging field with diverse content areas and athletic populations. Students examine philosophies, strategies, and approaches to coaching at various levels. Students combine sport specific content, scientific knowledge, and pedagogical practices in preparation for the continually changing world of coaching and athletics. At the completion of the program students will meet the requirements to coach in the state of Wyoming as a head or assistant coach. If a student currently holds a Wyoming Educator License, the student must apply to add a Coaching Endorsement to his/her Educator License. A Coaching Permit is for non-licensed individuals. The Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board (PTSB) sets these standards.
For a map and specific hours these facilities are open for personal use, see the PE Recreation and Fitness web page.
- Aerobic center featuring a state-of-the-art oak dance floor.
- Climbing wall for bringing the outdoors inside.
- Gym with a full regulation court and two half-courts. The two half-courts use retractable baskets.
- Multipurpose room with four indoor tennis and volleyball courts.
- 25-meter swimming pool with 6 lap lanes and a diving board.
- Oak-floored racquetball courts.
- Free weight room featuring HardKore floor machines, Hammer Jammer, and free-weight areas.
Cost of Attendance
For general college expense, view LCCC’s tuition and fees.