The Laramie County Community College Exercise Science program is concerned with the many aspects of human movement and its application to physical activity and the quality of one's life. This program is suggested for students who are interested in a career in exercise science, sports medicine, physical therapy, athletic training, physical education, and related fields.
Students complete coursework that provides a solid knowledge base of human anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and health. Two program tracks are available depending on the student's interest and career goals. All students must complete both the general education core and the exercise science core. From there, students may choose to complete either the exercise science track or the physical education teaching track. Students are urged to study carefully the specific requirements of the institutions to which they plan to transfer. Based on student transfer needs, course substitutions are possible; however, the degree requirements must be met. Please see an Exercise Science adviser for a suggested program schedule.
Exercise Science Track
The Exercise Science track leads to an Associate of Science degree and is designed to provide students quality academic and professional preparation in the scientific study of human movement. The program offers a sound theoretical foundation and practical applications. While students must receive a bachelor's degree, many of these fields also require a master's degree or beyond.
Exercise Science: Physical Education
For a map and specific hours these facilities are open for personal use, see the PE Recreation and Fitness web page.
- Aerobic center featuring a state-of-the-art oak dance floor.
- Climbing wall for bringing the outdoors inside.
- Gym with a full regulation court and two half-courts. The two half-courts use retractable baskets.
- Multipurpose room with four indoor tennis and volleyball courts.
- 25-meter swimming pool with 6 lap lanes and a diving board.
- Oak-floored racquetball courts.
- Free weight room featuring HardKore floor machines, Hammer Jammer, and free-weight areas.