The education field is a great career choice if you are interested in mentoring our youth and inspiring the next generation.
The education program at Laramie County Community College (LCCC) offers three Associate of Arts degree options to choose from based on the ages with whom you wish to work:
Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education – birth - pre-kindergarten
Associate of Arts in Elementary Education Concentration – kindergarten - 6th grade
Associate of Arts in Education – 7th grade - 12th grade / junior high or high school
- Are you passionate about helping others grow and develop?
- Do you like working with children? What age groups interest you the most: early childhood (pre-school) / Elementary Education (K-6th grade) / Education (7th-12th grade)
- Are you comfortable presenting to groups?
- Do you have a creative interest? Can you think of new ways to explain complex concepts?
- Are you passionate about learning?
- Do you enjoy teaching others how do to something?
- Are you adaptable? Can you handle disruptions and provide a positive classroom environment?
- Are you comfortable working additional hours to complete grading and plan lessons?
Recommended Credentials: (Certificate (C), Associate (AA), Bachelors (BA), Masters (MA), and Beyond)
- Agriculture Extension Agents (BA)
- Camp Counselors (C, AA or BA)
- Career/Technical Education (BA)
- Coaches (AA and BA)
- College Faculty (MA and Beyond)
- Directors (BA, MA, and Beyond)
- Elementary Teachers (BA and MA)
- Guidance Counselors (MA)
- Librarians (MA)
- Paraprofessionals (AA)
- Principal (MA and Beyond)
- Preschool Teachers
- Special Education Teachers (BA and MA)
- Substitute Teachers (AA and BA)
- Teachers, Middle School and Secondary School (BA and MA)
- Tutors (AA and BA)
- K-12 Public Schools
- Montessori Schools
- Non-Profit Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Department of Recreation
- Colleges and Universities
- Online Education
(For more salary information go to onetonline.org)
|Occupation||Median Salary U.S. Yearly||Median Salary Wyoming Yearly||Employment change,
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||$55,800||$57,770||7.4|
|Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Technical Education||$58,030||$58,480||7.5|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||$92,510||$93,910||7.8|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||$45,790||$50,790||10.6|
The education program competencies are aligned with the Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC) standards.
1. Recognize how diverse learners develop in cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional,
and physical capacities. (Based on InTASC "The Learner and Learning" competencies
#1, #2, & #3)
2. Create developmentally appropriate instructional strategies through the creation of authentic, meaningful learning experiences. (Based on InTASC "Instructional Practice" competencies #4, #5, #7 & #8)
3. Identify formative and summative assessment applications to improve both student learning and teacher decision-making. (Based on InTASC "Instructional Practice" competency #6)
4. Reflect on one's professional commitment, leadership ability, collaborative role, and ethical responsibility in order to improve pedagogical practice. (Based on InTASC "Professional Responsibility" Competencies #9 & #10)
Some course prerequisites have minimum GPA requirements
Transfer Agreement with Four-Year Institution: Program Articulation
LCCC has partnered with a four-year institution to articulate a way for students to transfer earned credits. This articulation is a formal agreement between LCCC and the institution. This agreement matches up coursework to make the transfer process smooth and to eliminate any duplication of courses. Any deviations from the prescribed course list will not articulate.
- Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education: University of Wyoming - Signed Agreement
- Associate of Arts in Elementary Education Concentration: University of Wyoming - Signed Agreement | Valley City State University - Signed Agreement
- Associate of Arts in Education: Valley City State University - Signed Agreement