Associate of Arts
The major in art is intended to educate and assist students in a fundamental understanding of concepts, techniques and methods of form and content within works of art. The art major leads to an Associate of Arts degree and is designed for transfer to a four-year institution and/or for acceptance into art institutes devoted to the advancement of specific art skills.
Non-art majors may wish to study in this area for personal reasons or for application to other program such as web page design, multimedia, and computer graphics.
- Are you comfortable accepting critiques concerning your creations from your peers in the art community and the public?
- Are you deadline driven and disciplined?
- Are you okay with possibly working odd hours and/or freelance?
- Are you good with starting over?
- Can you adapt to your audience?
- Are you okay with creating pieces based on your client or customers ideas and needs?
- Do you enjoy history and/or art history?
Recommended Credentials: (Certificate (C), Credit Diploma (CD), Associate (AA), Bachelors (BA), and Beyond)
- Art Directors (BA or Beyond)
- Art restoration
- Art Teachers (BA or Beyond)
- Art Therapists (BA or Beyond)
- Commercial and Industrial Designers (BA or Beyond)
- Craft Artists
- Designers (BA or Beyond)
- Event Planning
- Fashion Designers (BA or Beyond)
- Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
- Floral Designers (C or AA)
- Graphic Designers
- Make-up Artist
- Multimedia Artists and Animators (BA or Beyond)
- Museum Directors (BA or Beyond)
- Museum Technicians and Conservators (BA or Beyond)
- Tattoo Artist
- Non-profit Management (BA or Beyond)
- Visiting Lectures
- Apparel manufacturers/textile mills
- Auction houses
- Corporate media departments
- Department stores
- Design firms
- Federal, state, and local government
- Hospitals, nursing homes
- Interior design departments
- Mental health facilities
- Nonprofit organizations
- Public relations and advertising firms
- Publishing houses
- Rehabilitation centers
- Self-employed (freelance)
- Television and motion picture industry
(For more salary information go to onetonline.org)
|Occupation||Median Salary U.S. Yearly||Median Salary Wyoming Yearly||Employment change,
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||$50,790||N/A||3.1|
|Museum Technicians and Conservators||$40.040||$35,470||5.2|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||$65,300||N/A||6.0|
|Secondary School Teachers||$58,030||$58,480||5.8|
Transfer Agreement with Four-Year Institution: Program Articulation
LCCC has partnered with a four-year institution to articulate a way for students to transfer earned credits. This articulation is a formal agreement between LCCC and the institution. This agreement matches up coursework to make the transfer process smooth and to eliminate any duplication of courses. Any deviations from the prescribed course list will not articulate.
- Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design - Signed Agreement
- University of Wyoming - Signed Agreement
Cost of Attendance
For general college expense, students can view LCCC’s tuition and fees Web page. Students in this program typically incur additional expenses of about $120 in art course fees.