Due to the limited number of available student slots per year and the number of interested students, this program has developed an application process for potential students who wish to attend.
The 2019 Paramedic Program application is now available by clicking here. Applications will be accepted from Oct. 1, 2018 through Nov. 1, 2018.
- Completed program application (pdf) plus:
• College transcripts and vaccinations
• Copies of current certification(s)
• Copy of current health care provider CPR card
• 2 EMS-related letters of recommendation
- Completed applications may be mailed or emailed, but must be postmarked by November 1, 2018. Applicants will be required to take the entrance examination in Cheyenne. Available dates are November 14, 15, and 16, 2018 at 9:00 am in the Training Center, Room 115. Once an application is received, provided it is complete, the applicant will be contacted to schedule a date to take the entrance examination. The entrance examination will consist of a written examination at the EMT-Basic knowledge level and an interview panel. Successful applicants will be placed on an acceptance list and the top scores will be considered for entry into the 2019 LCCC Paramedic Program.
The Program Director and the Paramedic Program Selection Committee will review all applications after testing has been completed. Candidates will receive notification by phone and mail of acceptance or declination.
The Paramedic Selection Committee's decision is final. The top 20 candidates will be selected for the program.