Due to the limited number of available student slots per year and the number of interested students, this program has developed an application process for potential students who wish to attend.
The 2021 Paramedic Program application will be available mid-September. Applications will be accepted from Oct. 1 through Nov. 1 via email or regular mail.
- Completed program application (pdf) plus:
• College transcripts and vaccinations
• Copies of current certification(s)
• Copy of current health care provider CPR card
• 2 EMS-related letters of recommendation
- Completed applications must be emailed to swillougFREELARAMIE by November 1, 2020. Once an application has been received, it will be checked for completion and the applicant will be contacted to confirm that their application has been received and is complete. If an application is found to be incomplete, the applicant will be required to submit the missing mandatory documentation to complete the application in order to be considered for the program. Once a full and completed application is received, the applicant will be scheduled to take an entrance examination on campus in Cheyenne. The entrance examination will consist of a written examination at the EMT-Basic knowledge level. After the entrance exam has been completed, the applicant will be scheduled for an interview with the Program Director and the Paramedic Program Selection Committee. This interview may be conducted in person, on campus in Cheyenne, or virtually via Zoom. Entrance into the program will be based on a scoring rubric that incorporates the application, entrance exam and interview.
The Program Director and the Paramedic Program Selection Committee will review all applications after testing and interviews have been completed. Candidates will receive notification by email or phone of acceptance or declination in mid-December, but no later than the end of December.