The Laramie County Community College women’s rodeo team
took 2nd place with 200 points May 3-5 at the University of Wyoming Rodeo in Laramie, Wyo. The men’s team placed 10th overall with 90 points. This was the final rodeo of the regular season. The overall region standings have the women’s team finishing in ninth place with 625 points, and the men’s team in 10th place with 690 points.
The women had their best rodeo of the year in Laramie. Hailey Bonham finished third in the long round, fourth in the short round, and third in the average in barrel racing out of 72 entries. In team roping, the duo of Katelyn Ellis and Chris Beyer finished sixth in the long round, third in the short round and third in the average out of 69 entries. Ellis also finished 10th in the goat tying out of 45 entries. Top Performers
· Chris Beyer placed third in team roping heeler with a combined time of 26.3.
· Katelyn Ellis placed third in team roping header with a combined time of 26.3.
· Hayli Bonham placed third in barrel racing with a combined time of 30.53.
LCCC had four student-athletes place in the overall Central Rocky Mountain Region standings. Unfortunately LCCC did not qualify anyone to the College National Finals Rodeo. Rodeo results can be found at www.collegerodeo.com
.Final Region Standings
· Hayli Bonham finished in 11th place in breakaway roping.
· Bonham finished in 12th place in barrel racing.
· Chance Englebert finished in 14th place in bareback riding.
· Mackenzie Fair finished in 14th place in bull riding.
· Dillon Simonson finished in 15th place in steer wrestling.
Coach David Browder was elected Central Rocky Mountain Region Faculty Director, who oversees the general operation of the region. Coach Browder would like to thank everyone for their support this year!