The Laramie County Community College western show team competed in its final regular season show at the University of Nebraska Horse show on Feb. 2 in Lincoln, Neb. The Golden Eagles had eight athletes place in the competition. The LCCC team placed second overall in the first show and third overall in the second show. The team is currently sitting third in the region.
Individual results are as follows:
· Kelsey LoSasso placed first in intermediate I horsemanship
· Emily Smith placed first and second in beginner horsemanship
· Kayla Fisk placed first in reining and fourth in open horsemanship, reserve high-point rider in the first show
· Amanda Heller placed first and fifth in intermediate II horsemanship
· Lily Crawford placed second in intermediate I horsemanship
· Jesse Johnson placed second and third in intermediate I horsemanship
· Kelsey Jenkins placed fourth and second in novice horsemanship
· Brittany DeMartin placed fourth and sixth in novice horsemanship
Concluding the regular western show season, six riders have qualified for the western regional competition. These riders must place in the top two in their respective class to enable them to ride at the western semifinals in Syracuse, N.Y. The qualified Golden Eagle riders are: Kayla Fisk, Kelsey Jenkins, Brittany DeMartin, Jesse Johnson, Adrian Parman and Candice Lahners.
The team’s next event is a hunt show hosted by Colorado College in Fountain, Colo., February 9-10.