Cheyenne, Wyo. - As another school year concludes, Laramie County Community College took time last week to celebrate the staff who excelled across campus.
The Student Government Association honored four faculty with the LCCC Teaching Excellence Award. Multiple nominations for these awards were received from students, and in a blind scoring process, the SGA members scored each nomination with the help of advisors. Recognized at this year's commencement ceremony, these faculty members also led the graduate processional for their respective schools.
The honorees are:
- Minden Fox: School of Business, Agriculture & Technical Studies
- Ian Caldon: School of Arts & Humanities
- Paula Harris: School of Health Sciences & Wellness
- Zac Roehrs: School of Math & Sciences
Caldon was also named the college's 2018 Excellence Award recipient for NISOD, the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development. He will represent the college at the NISOD annual conference.
Awards also were presented at the annual employee recognition event. Nominated and voted by peers, the recipients are:
- Michelle Massey: Classified Staff of the Year
- Crystal Smith: Professional Staff of the Year
- Kristin Dobson: Adjunct Faculty of the Year
- Megan Candelaria: Faculty of the Year
Four employees who have retired or are retiring from the college were celebrated for their efforts: Glenn Dorminey, Terry Harper, Denise Rogers, and John Sanford.
In 2018, a number of employees received longevity awards including:
- 40 years: Jim Zell, Dave Zwonitzer
- 35 years: Jayne Myrick, Dennis Wentroble
- 30 years: Vicki Boreing, Edie Cox, Erin Palmquist, Dawn Williams
- 25 years: Kim Castaneda
- 15 years: DeeJaay Beals, Monica Wilson, Juan Antonio Bernabeu, Janice Cheever, Colby Collier, Melissa Gallant, Ron Medina, Jay O'Halloran, Larry Struempf, Maryellen Tast, Jodi Weppner
- 10 years: Shayne Gancze, Vince Gibson, Scot Gillespie, Tiffany Gutierrez, Nicki Johnson, Mike Kitchin, Stacy Landon, Karin Quigley, Josh Thein, Ami Wangeline, Shannon Zavorka
- Another 24 employees were honored for five years of service.
Other honors include:
- Ann Murray: ESGR Patriot Award
- Beth Anne Hawkey, Jennifer Mares: Disability Support Services' Extra Mile Award
- Luanne Gearhart, Irem Peters, Kevin Yarbrough: CARE Team's Above and Beyond Award