The Laramie County Community College Rodeo started its spring season in successful fashion. The women finished second and the men finished third at the Gillette College Rodeo in Gillette, Wyoming. The women had a total of 315 points, while the men racked up 280 points. Kelsey Knust and Levi Brott led the way with a team roping win. They had total time of 18.5 on two runs.
Sophomore Tawny Barry had a stellar performance with a second-place finish in the goat tying and second in the women’s all-around. Kalane Anders finished fifth in steer wrestling and is currently sitting first in the overall region standings.
- Kelsey Knust and Levi Brott finished first in team roping with a combined time of 18.5.
- Tawny Barry finished second in the goat tying with an average of 16.2 and was second in the women’s all-around with 65 points. Tawny also finished eighth in breakaway roping with an average of 16.2.
- Kalane Anders finished fifth in steer wrestling an average of 15.6.
- Terrell Vineyard and Blayne Bradley finished sixth in team roping with an average of 107.5
- Chance Englebert finished seventh in bareback riding with long-go score of 69.
- Cash Merritt and Reed Merritt (University of Wyoming) finished seventh in team roping with an average of 108.1.
The Golden Eagles will be off to Torrington this weekend for the Eastern Wyoming College Rodeo March 27-29. For more information, please visit collegerodeo.com