Bull rider Chance Englebert was the only rider to cover two bulls at the Eastern Wyoming College rodeo last weekend, and his efforts earned him first place. Englebert scored 73 on his first bull and 69 on his second, for a total of 142. He also earned 175 points for the LCCC men’s rodeo team.
On the women’s side, Rayel Livermont and CY Christensen made it to the short go in breakaway roping. Livermont’s 3.2-second run was good enough for second place in the long go, and her 3.7-second run in the short go gave her third place in the average with a combined 6.9 seconds on two. Christensen had a 3.8-second run in the long go, but she had some tough luck and missed her calf in the short go.
Kalane Anders also scored points for the men’s team at the EWC rodeo. He had a 6.7-second run in steer wrestling in the long go and a 6.6-second run in the short go, for a combined 13.3 on two. That earned him fourth place in the average and 75 points for the men’s team. Anders may not have won the rodeo, but he remains the leader in the Central Rocky Mountain Region in the steer wrestling event with 560 points.
Both the men’s and women’s teams are in seventh place in the Central Rocky Mountain Region. The men’s team has 1,444.5 points, and the women’s team has 630.
- Englebert won the bull riding with 73 points in the long go and 69 points in the short go. He was the only rider to make it to eight seconds on two bulls.
- Livermont was second in the short go of breakaway roping with a 3.2-second run and third in the short go with a 3.7-second run. Her combined 6.9 earned her third place in the average.
- Anders finished fourth in steer wrestling an average of 13.3. He was 6.7 in the long go and 6.6 in the short go.
- Mariah Miller was seventh in barrel racing with a 15.7 in the long go and another 15.7 in the short go, for a combined 31.4 on two.
- Christensen made it to the short go in breakaway roping with a 3.8-second run.
- Reed Johnson made the short go in saddle bronc riding with a 45-point ride in the long go.