CHEYENNE, WYO. — Dave Curry, program director of technical studies at Laramie County Community College, was recognized with the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services’ Outstanding Individual Contribution to the Workforce Award.
The honor was announced at the DWS Safety and Workforce Summit last week.
“If you visit with Dave for more than one minute, you learn that his top priority is serving the needs of Wyoming’s industries, employers and residents,” said Maryellen Tast, LCCC’s dean of the School of Outreach and Workforce Development.
In the nomination, Curry’s numerous accomplishments were shared, including:
- working in partnership with two other Wyoming community colleges, industry and DWS to establish and deliver a customized credit program for Wyoming’s refineries that helps ensure a safer and more productive work environment;
- helping to establish LCCC’s first apprenticeship programs in both HVAC and plumbing;
- leading the design, development and delivery of a new welding program at LCCC;
- creating a construction management program, anticipated to launch this fall; and
- ensuring that the work readiness skills demanded by employers are embedded throughout each of the training experiences.
Jim Engel, chairman of the Wyoming Workforce Development Council, also recognized Curry’s contributions by saying that his work continues “to strengthen Wyoming’s communities and the State’s economic vitality.”