A successful season in volleyball, women’s soccer and men’s soccer has garnered honors for 18 Laramie County Community College student athletes.
For the Golden Eagles this fall, the women’s soccer finished second in the regular season and made it to the Region IX final. The men’s soccer team finished third in the regular season and fell in the quarterfinals of the regional tournament. This year’s volleyball team finished sixth in the regular season and made it to fourth place at the Region IX Tournament.
This year’s individual honors from the National Junior College Athletic Association and other athletic organizations are:
- REGION IX FIRST TEAM: Jessie Bradley: goalkeeper, sophomore; Megan Campbell: forward, freshman; CheyAnn Queener: defender, sophomore; Yuko Shinomiya: defender, sophomore;
- Eden Stoddard: midfielder, freshman; Morgan Wyant: midfielder, sophomore
- REGION IX HONORABLE MENTION: Sierra Kuno: forward, sophomore;
- REGION IX FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR: Megan Campbell
- REGION IX FIRST TEAM: Brandon Flores: forward, sophomore; Junior Quiroz: forward, freshman; Dennis Vivar-Diaz: midfielder, sophomore; Chang Yang: defender, sophomore
- REGION IX SECOND TEAM: Hector Rodriguez: midfielder, freshman; Willy Salamanca: midfielder, sophomore; Chance Wiedrich: defender, sophomore
- REGION IX FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR: Junior Quiroz
- Rory McCloy, sophomore: Region IX North Setter of the Year; Region IX North All-Region Team; Wyoming Community College Athletic Coference (WCCAC) All-Conference First Team; Region IX North All-Tournament Team; NJCAA Division 1 National Player of the Week; “Volleyfall” Classic All-Tournament Team
- Kanani Auwae, sophomore: WCCAC All-Conference Honorable Mention; Region IX North All-Tournament Team; Pizza Hut Invitational All-Tournament Team; “Volleyfall” Classic All-Tournament Team
- Shelby Johnson, sophomore: Lincoln Land Invitational All-Tournament Team
- Breanne Hankins, sophomore: 2014 Lincoln Land Invitational All-Tournament Team
Laramie County Community College extends its heartiest congratulations to each of these student-athletes.