Six members of the Laramie County Community College rodeo team earned National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association scholar honors.
To receive the recognition, members must have earned points in a 2012-13 NIRA sanctioned rodeo, been in college for more than one term, earned a 3.5 cumulative grade point average, and have been nominated by their rodeo coach.
The Golden Eagles that earned NIRA Scholar American Honors and their events are:
- Blayne Bradley – tie-down roping and team roping
- Kelsey Knust – breakaway roping, goat tying and team roping
- Jorry Lammers – barrel racing and breakaway roping
- Rayel Livermont – barrel racing and breakaway roping
- Dillon Simonson – tie-down roping, steer wrestling and team roping
- Peter Walnofer – steer wrestling and team roping
The rodeo team has even more good news to share: women’s rodeo team member Syerra Christensen is currently ranked second in both the NIRA national standings and the Central Rocky Mountain regional standings. Men’s team member Kalane Anders is ranked seventh in the steer wrestling national standings and first in the regional standings.