Students can earn LCCC college credit in classes that are offered at their own high school! The college has approved a number of high school teachers to award students college credit based on the successful completion of approved courses. The grade for these courses will be recorded on both a high school transcript and the student’s LCCC college transcript.
Requires an advising appointment; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Juniors and seniors in the LCCC service area school districts may take one free class per semester directly through LCCC as long as the course is being used to meet high school graduation or state scholarship requirements. Talk to your high school counselor first to be sure the course you want to take will count for graduation. The grade for these courses will be recorded on both a high school transcript and a college transcript.
Jump Start Credit
Requires an advising appointment; email email@example.com.Juniors and seniors in LCCC service area school districts who have met all high school graduation requirements may take one partially funded class per semester directly through LCCC. The grade for these courses only will be recorded on a college transcript. The Jump Start option also is offered to home-schooled students in the LCCC service area.
Why take college classes in high school?
- Increase your self-confidence and your interpersonal skills.
- Improve performance and demonstrate increased maturity levels at work and in the classroom.
- Get a head start on your official college transcript.
- Meet graduation requirements in high school (with your counselor’s awareness).
- Explore your favorite subjects at an advanced academic level.