Volunteer Income Tax Assistance IRS Certified Volunteers are available to prepare income tax returns at no cost for those who do not have the money to pay a professional. To qualify for help, we recommend that the total of your income not be more than approximately $54,000 - $66,000 for a family of five.
Income Tax Preparation is Limited to the Following Forms and Schedules
- FORM 1040
- SCHEDULE A – ITEMIZED DEDUCTIONS
- SCHEDULE B – INTEREST
- Schedule C – Limited with Business Expenses $25,000 or less (No losses or employees)
- SCHEDULE D – LIMITED CAPITAL GAINS AND LOSSES
- Schedule E - Limited
- SCHEDULE EIC – EARNED INCOME CREDIT
- SCHEDULE SE – SELF EMPLOYMENT TAX
- FORM 2441 – CHILD CARE EXPENSES
- FORM 8812 – ADDITIONAL CHILD TAX CREDIT)
- FORM 8863 – EDUCATION CREDITS
- FORM 8880 – CREDIT FOR QUALIFIED RETIREMENT
- SAVINGS CONTRIBUTIONS FORM
- FORM 8889 (HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS) LIMITED
- FORM 8917 – TUITION & FEES DEDUCTION
- FORM 1040-X (LIMITED) AMENDED RETURNS
The services are available Mondays and Wednesdays beginning Jan. 28 and ending Apr. 10 from 5 - 7 p.m. as well as Saturdays starting Feb. 2 and ending Apr. 13 from 9 - 11:30 a.m. in LCCC's CCI, room 144.
Please bring the following information:
- IDENTIFICATION: PHOTO ID; SOCIAL SECURITY CARD OR INDIVIDUAL TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER CARD FOR EACH PERSON THAT WILL APPEAR ON THE TAX RETURN.
- INCOME DOCUMENTATION: W-2, 1099, INTEREST RECEIVED, SOCIAL SECURITY AND ANY OTHER INCOME RECEIVED, FORM 1095-A, B OR C for MARKET PLACE or other HEALTH COVERAGE, ETC.
- DEDUCTIBLE EXPENSES: MORTGAGE INTEREST PAID; RECEIPTS FOR PROPERTY TAXES, MEDICAL EXPENSES, CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS, ETC.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR 2017 TAX RETURN.
There is also a free online option to do your taxes yourself at: myfreetaxes.com.