- Associate of Applied Science, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
- Bachelor of Science, Excelsior College, Albany, New York
- Masters in Homeland Security with Honors, American Military University, Charles Town, West Virginia
I have a military career spanning over 20 years and three branches of service, including my current position with the Wyoming’s Civil Support Team (CST). As a CST member, I’ve worked directly with the FBI, Homeland Security Department, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Energy (DOE), Texas Department of Environmental Quality, US Postal Inspectors and many others. I've been personally involved in missions for 9/11, various natural disasters, hazmat operations, white powder incidences and preventive measures for major events like the Democratic National Convention in Denver and the Saratoga, WY floods just to name a few. I've also volunteered as a firefighter and EMT. This combination of experiences gives me a complete and real world view of the many levels of Homeland Security and how these levels and agencies work together. It's my hope to bring the knowledge I’ve gained from these experiences to the next generation.
Students can lean more about LCCC's Homeland Security program and how to apply by visiting the program's Web page.
- Visit the Homeland Security LinkedIn page to get updates about the program.
- Visit James Burghard's LinkedIn page.