Placement Test Information
Math Placement Testing: ALEKS
The ALEKS Math Placement test consists of 30 questions. The test starts with algebra and adjusts as students progress, so the questions will change depending on how previous questions were answered.
If students wish to retake the ALEKS test to improve their score, they should speak with an LCCC Testing Center staff member. Before they are eligible to retest, students must complete a minimum of three hours of online review in their ALEKS account (personalized for them based on their previous test) and a minimum 24 hour waiting period following completion of the previous test.
English Placement Testing: McCann
The McCann reading test has 30 multiple-choice questions. It is not timed. There are 30 multiple choice questions. If students wish to retake the McCann test to improve their score, they should speak to an LCCC Testing Center staff member.
Where/How To Test
Placement testing is available at any LCCC location: the Cheyenne campus, the Laramie campus ("ACC"), the Eastern Laramie County Outreach Center in Pine Bluffs, WY or the F.E. Warren Air Force Base (WAFB) Outreach Center.
There is no time limit for any placement test. Tests average about 40 minutes each.
- Click here to see the schedule for the Testing Center on the Cheyenne campus.
- Click here to see the schedule for the Test & Exam Center on the Laramie campus.
- To make arrangements for testing at the WAFB Outreach Center, call 307.773.2113. (This option only for students who already have access to WAFB.)
- To make arrangements for testing at the Eastern Laramie County Outreach Center, call 307.432.1678.
- Distance students should contact testcenterFREELARAMIE to make alternative arrangements.