Placement Test Information
Math Placement Testing: ALEKS
The ALEKS Math Placement test consists of 30 questions. The test starts with algebra and adjusts as students progress, so the questions will change depending on how previous questions were answered.
If students wish to retake the ALEKS test to improve their score, they should speak with an LCCC Testing Center staff member. In order to retest, students must complete a minimum of three hours of online review in their ALEKS account (personalized for them based on their first test) and there is a 24 hour waiting period following the review before they are eligible to retest.
English Placement Testing: McCann
The McCann test consists of a reading portion and a written essay. The reading test has 30 multiple-choice questions. The computer assigns a general topic for the essay.
If a student wishes to retake the McCann test to improve their score, they should speak with an LCCC Testing Center staff member.
Where/How To Test
Placement testing is available at any LCCC location: the Cheyenne campus, the Laramie campus ("ACC"), the Eastern Laramie County Outreach Center in Pine Bluffs, WY or the F.E. Warren Air Force Base (WAFB) Outreach Center.
Although there is no time limit, students should allow at least two hours to take both the ALEKS and McCann in the same day.
- Click here to see the schedule for the Testing Center on the Cheyenne campus.
- Click here to see the schedule for the Test & Exam Center on the Laramie campus.
- To make arrangements for testing at the WAFB Outreach Center, call 307.773.2113. (This option only for students who already have access to WAFB.)
- To make arrangements for testing at the Eastern Laramie County Outreach Center, call 307.432.1678.
- Distance students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative arrangements.